I love our sunflowers that we planted this year! My dad gave us a packet of seeds and Chris threw them in the garden, and they are the most beautiful colors I have seen!
They have almost all bloomed and now their heads are so heavy that they are beginning to droop, so I have been taking LOTS of pictures of them before their time is over!
Rebecca bought her lunch on Monday when it was pizza day!
Her and her friend, Erin bought lunch together for the first time. Rebecca was a little disappointed because she didn't feel that she had quite enough time to finish her lunch before it was time for recess. Speaking of which, she informed me on the way home yesterday, that she wishes they only had 1 recess, because it's "too hot to have 2 recesses!" Today, she wanted to buy lunch again, because it was chicken nuggets! Tonight is Back To School Night, and Rebecca's excited because there is something on her desk for me and Chris to see!
The other morning, I walked outside to get the paper, and like every other morning, the slugs were out. This particular morning, I looked down at this slug and noticed that there was a hole in the side of it's body!!! I have NEVER looked at a slug that closely to notice a hole! I grabbed my camera to document this "holey slug", and looked it up online. Online it says that it is a Leopard Slug and the hole is a "breathing hole".....so no, I did not discover anything that hadn't been discovered before!
After we walked Rebecca to schoool, Isabella wanted to jump on the trampoline. As soon as Olivia saw Isabella on the trampoline, she came running outside to jump, too! Olivia is a good jumper, and as soon as Isabella would get her bearings, Olivia would jump and Isabella would fall laughing, so Olivia would fall too! They had a BLAST jumping! I especially loved when their hair was all static-y and sticking straight up! It's funny to watch Olivia and Isabella play, now that Isabella can do more with her "big sister".



2 comments:
Beautiful sunflowers!
Love your posts and all your beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment